The Building Process
With over a decade of building experience, Behr Construction has focused on homebuilding for more than five years. Behr's focus is creating a quality home as well as providing clear communication throughout the project.
Here is an outline of what you can expect during the building process:
- Begin financial discussions with a lender, and purchase land
- Set a budget to include cost of land and site work
- Meet with a Behr Homes Sales Associate
2. Plan Design
- Choose an existing plan and move directly to Deposit, or...
- Place a Design Retainer and work with a Behr Home Design Team Project Manager on plan development
- Receive a Schematic Design Package and Quote
3. Design Adjustment
- Make final modifications to the design
- Submit the permitting application
- Complete construction and foundation plans
- Secure financing
- Place deposit on Behr Homes package
- Sign Behr Homes Contract
5. Construction Milestones
- The foundation construction timeline varies depending on foundation type, site conditions and weather. Several inspections take place before the foundation can be installed.
- After the foundation is complete, the new home quickly starts taking shape as the framing progresses. Jobsite safety is very important at this stage and site visits are discouraged until framing is complete.
- Rough Plumbing, Mechanical & Electrical Installations
- At this stage the rough plumbing, heating, electrical, telephone, cable and any pre-wiring is installed. The rough installations and framing need to pass important inspections before the construction moves forward.
- After successful inspections, the home will be insulated and then inspected again. Drywall installation begins soon after.
- Construction Completion
- The home is now in the final interior and exterior construction phase. Fixtures, flooring, cabinetry, painting, trim, landscaping and all other finish elements are completed in preparation for the Final Walkthrough.
Mark Behr (Behr Construction Homes) was very easy to work with and any question I had about anything he was able to answer. He was always calm with any request or indecision on my part. My house was done on the time frame we had talked about. It was just what I wanted. It turned out beautifully.
Satisfied Behr Construction Homes Customer